4080 Happy Valley Road
5 bd/4.5ba · 4648+/- sq. ft. on .94+/- acre · Remodel completed in 2018 · Family room wine bar and 950+/- bottle wine cellar with custom Antiqua door
- Tuscan-inspired hand-crafted limestone exterior finish complemented by hand-crafted wrought iron staircase railings and cast stone window casings around the Marvin dual-pane windows. A custom Antigua double-door leads to the interior entry.
- Travertine tile floors span the two-story foyer leading to a custom wrought iron appointed mahogany staircase and Fine Art chandeliers as dramatic focal points.
- An expansive, recently remodeled chef’s kitchen features beautifully crafted WoodMode cabinetry and center island with honed quartz countertops. A Dacor 6-burner gas range with dual ovens and a Vent-A-Hood with custom casing is complemented by a KitchenAid refrigerator and Miele dishwasher.
- 4 secondary bedrooms and 2 secondary baths are located upstairs, with one of the bedrooms configured as an office with a glass entry door.
- The master suite features Alder wood built-in cabinetry, walk-in closet, and remodeled bath with a Bain Ultra tub and 3-head spa shower.
- The expansive, tranquil backyard was designed to accommodate a multitude of functions… from private enjoyment to entertaining numerous guests. Tranquil sitting areas look out upon the recently redesigned native landscape as well as the fun petanque court where the French interpretation of bocce ball can be enjoyed. Large areas for recreation or a future pool site offer a wide array of options for outdoor enjoyment. An orchard of limes, tangerines and navel oranges yields fresh citrus fruit most of the year!
- Other features: Newly installed paver driveway; dual zone heating and air conditioning system; energy efficient tankless water heater system; two cast stone fireplaces; newly built garage with extensive built-in storage cabinetry and a polymer coated floor; private verandas are accessed via the living room and second floor; 9+ ft ceiling height throughout much of the central living areas; tile and Anderson foam insulated roof; alarm system; and custom crafted finishes throughout.
Low on density and high on greenery, Lafayette offers rolling hillsides, excellent schools, and an easy commute to Oakland and San Francisco thanks to the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) station in the town center. The Happy Valley area features meandering country roads and showplace estate homes perched on large hillside parcels that offer panoramic views of the valley. Mediterranean, English, and French Country architecture populate the landscaped neighborhoods. Lafayette’s central business district offers quality shopping and dining for locals and visitors alike. Restaurants such as Artisan Bistro, Chevalier, and Metro Lafayette are thriving. For those seeking old-fashioned comfort food, Millie’s Kitchen is a popular breakfast and brunch restaurant with large portions and modest prices. Lafayette Reservoir is open year-round for boating, fishing, picnicking, and hiking. After a long day on the water, locals head to The Roundup Saloon, a throwback to the days of rowdy roadhouses.
First Open House - Sunday, February 10 - 1-4PM
Tuesday, February 5th
Additional Showings by Appointment:
Contact Team Rothenberg